Scouts and families,
In light of the continuing impact from the storm, we are canceling the Pack Night scheduled for Friday.
We will be in touch with an alternate plan for our Island Harvest donation as things return to normal.
Our next Pack Night will be Dec. 7 at Denton. Den leaders will be in touch regarding individual Den meetings and activities.
Please be safe, everyone.
Juleigh sent out the following message by email this morning. If you did not receive it, let her know so that you can be added to her distribution list.
1. Tonight is the Spooky Walk at Clark Garden for anyone who wishes to attend. A group will be meeting at 6:00 in the front entrance area. This is not an organized, planned Cub Scout event. Please use your own judgement in regards to whether you would like to attend or not (in regards to weather or if your child is ready for this). Cost is $4 per person to walk the Spooky Walk.
2. The 3rd grade Bear Den will be attending the NOT SO SPOOKY WALK on Sunday. They will meet at noon for a pizza lunch at Vincents Pizzaria in Waldbaums
Shopping Center. Though this is a planned den meeting for the Bears, all are invited to walk with them for the NOT So Spooky Walk. Cost is $3 per person for the walk, buy your own pizza! 🙂
3. This weekend, the new Wells Fargo bank by Panera is having a grand opening with some fun activities for everyone. Just wanted to share in case any of you wanted to get some freebies…
4. Speaking of which, this weekend is also the Korean Harvest Moon Festival from noon-6pm at Munsey Park Elementary School in Manhasset. It’s an indoor event with lots of stage presentations, traditional foods, and other fun things. I’ll be MCing the event, so if you’d like to experience some traditional Korean fun, please stop by. No cost to attend. (And each district will have a food booth to help fund their events, including the Herricks Korean Community!)
5. The minutes and newsletter will (hopefully!) be sent out this evening. Please be on the lookout. But just as a reminder, the Pack Night is on Nov. 2 at Christopher Morley at 6-8pm. In the event of rain, we will be meeting at Denton for a MOVIE NIGHT. If weather looks iffy, we will send out an email with exact information on the day of the event by 3:00pm.
6. Please check CUBPACK202.COM for up to the minute, latest information! 🙂
We got this note of thanks from Pack 202 alum Tyler Cohen after our Pack Night earlier this month. Our scouts donated about 50 baseball caps, which will go to orphanages around the world, thanks to Tyler and his Caps Count organization.
Thanks to all who participated. And thanks, Tyler, for your good work.
Thank you all for the caps donation and for the opportunity to meet with the boys from Cubpack 202. The caps will soon go to children who really appreciate them.
It was nostalgic to be back at Denton for pack night.
I am touched and grateful for your help in spreading the word in Caps Count. Its hard to express my thanks.
Caps Count grows because people like you reach out to help me learn about business.
I welcome your creative ideas in continuing to work with Cubpack 202.
The electronic Modell’s coupon is attached, feel free to distribute it widely. It helps everyone. Remember it is reusable and good through Nov 1st.
Speak to your den leader if you need another copy of the coupon he mentions.
The following information has been added to our online Pack Calendar, but we’re adding it here in easy-to-print form. (Click the image to see it larger.)
The next parent meeting is Monday, Oct. 22. 7:30 p.m. at Denton. All den leaders should attend. All scout parents are welcome.
The official calendar’s coming soon, but here’s a quick look ahead at important dates for our Pack.
- Oct. 12: Pack Night at Denton, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Oct. 27/28: Spooky/Not-So-Spooky Walk at Clark Botanic Garden (scheduled by den).
- Nov. 2: Pack Night outdoor event, 6-8 p.m. Details to come.
- Dec. 7: Holiday Pack Night, Denton Large APR, 7-8:30 p.m.
- December (date TBA): Old Bethpage Restoration Village.
- Jan. 12: Pinewood Derby, Herricks Community Center, 8:30 a.m.-noon.
- Jan. 20 (Sunday, tentative date): Pack sleepover.
- Feb 9 (Saturday): Ice-skating Pack Night, in the afternoon.
- March 15: Blue and Gold Banquet, 7-10 p.m.
- April 12: Rock Climbing Pack Night, tentatively 7-9 p.m.
- May 3: Pack Night, Denton Large APR, 7-8:30 p.m.
- June 8-9: Move-Up/Camping at Sands Point. Details to come.
Hello, Scouts and parents.
Welcome to the new year, and our new site. We’re excited about the start of our Scouting season, and are looking forward to a great Pack Night tonight, featuring a Strongman Conditioning program and a presentation on Pack 202 alum Tyler M. Cohen’s charitable project, Caps Count! Remember to bring your gently-used baseball caps for our donation.
Pack Night begins at 7 p.m. sharp in the Denton APR.
Meanwhile, bookmark this site, and stay tuned for updates on our events. We’ve got a great year planned, and are looking forward to wonderful Scouting events.